Thursday 19 July 2007

First things first

Hi there.

The first entry of my (second) blog about one thing in life that I truly love, and quite literally can't live without. Exciting stuff. Must try to stick it out this time. (The first one died about a year ago when I moved jobs and had to concentrate on work too much).

Not only that, but it is also about something that I am genuinely good at, and, Ithink I have something to offer other people in terms of ideas and inspiration.

It is, of course, about food and cooking. My first passion, and the thing that consumes most of my time in terms of shopping, reading (I think), sourcing, preparing, cooking, growing, eating, and thinking... So much of life is spent with food or cooking or eating on my mind in some way, shape or form, that it seems silly not to share some of what is going around my head.

I was recently re-inspired to begin writing a blog about food and cooking when I read Russell's excellent post about sharing discovery, or social slipstreaming, or opinion surrogacy, or whatever you want to call it... The basic premise of the post is that everyone has enthusiasms or interest which they pursue, and therefore, they lead the way in their particular area and others can slipstream their efforts and pick out what they want and what they don't.

Russell's enthusiasm is cafes. Mine are food, cooking, and eating. Hope I add something of interest to your lives...

No comments: